Keeping you safe is at the heart of everything we do.
We have created a safe environment for patients to now be seen at our Port Solent Clinic. So you are fully aware of what will happen on the day of your appointment, these are the procedures to follow:
- On the day of your appointment you will need to wait in the car park to be called in on your mobile.
- In order to reduce transmission, unless absolutely necessary only the patient will be allowed to enter the Port Solent clinic.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival by infrared thermometer.
- There will be hand sanitiser provided for you to use on arrival.
- During your appointment you will be required to wear a mask.
- The Practitioner carrying out the procedure will be wearing full PPE.
- Our waiting area will be setup to allow 2-meter distancing between patients and staff.
- Appointments will now be 30-minutes long to allow practitioners to prepare in between patients.
- In order to reduce the risk of cross transmission of the Coronavirus, for the foreseeable future we will not take any cash payments.
- All payments must be taken online or over the telephone before you attend you appointment.
- You will not be able to attend if you have:
If you or any member of your household are self-isolating and/or you have new continuous cough and/or a fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater) and/or loss of sense of smell or taste. (A new continuous cough is where they have a new cough that’s lasted for an hour, OR have had 3 or more episodes of coughing in 24 hours OR are coughing more than usual).
Blocked ears can be extremely unpleasant and are almost impossible to self-treat safely. At Just Ears, we provide a quick, convenient and affordable treatment called Microsuction, which can remove wax and debris from your ear safely.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
First, we will discuss your problem with you and then explain the procedure.
We will then gently examine your ear canal using a special microscope.
Then while looking down your ear canal with the microscope we will use a tiny vacuum cleaner to clear the blockage.
Finally, we will use the microscope to check the condition of your ear drum.
Microsuction is by far the most effective and safest way of cleaning blocked ears.
Microsuction is more effective than common alternative treatments such as ear syringing, which uses a jet of water to try and dislodge wax build ups, or using a probe and a headlight. As well as removing more wax, Microsuction is safer because the procedure is performed under direct vision using both eyes which means that there is good depth perception and a clear view of the tip of the suction probe at all times.
Clearance of wax from the Ear - Microsuction